Artist Submission Information
Thank you for considering joining the 2018 Insights Juried Exhibition of Fine Arts ("Insights 39"). Please review the process and rules for entry below. Questions regarding the processes and rules can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the Wellington County Museum and Archives directly for information about the Insights exhibition submission process or jury decisions.
The exhibition of accepted works takes place in the Nicholas Keith Room at the Wellington County Museum and Archives. The placement and arrangement of artists' works is curated by the Insights 39 committee.
The 2018 Call for Entry is not yet open. Please stay tuned.
RULES OF ENTRY
- We welcome submissions from artists residing in the counties of Wellington, Dufferin, Grey, Huron, Perth and the City of Guelph.
- Works may be submitted in specific categories; the 2018 categories are not yet final. For 2017, the categories were:
- Fibre & Material Arts: Textile and fibre arts, Jewellery, Basketry
- 3- Dimensional Arts: Woodturning, Sculpture, Pottery
- Works on Paper: Printmaking, Drawing, Pastel, Collage
- Painting and Mixed Media: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolour, Assemblage, Encaustic
- Photography: Film, Digital, Manipulated Images
- Accepted works must be available for display from time of submission on the intake days (described in the process below) for the duration of the exhibition, through September 3rd.
- Works must have been created within the previous two years.
- Works done under the supervision of an instructor may not be submitted.
- Works must be ready to display. Wall hung works must be suitably framed, ready for hanging. Hanging systems must be to professional standards (wires or loops must be sufficient to carry the weight of the artwork). Weight must not exceed 150lbs (70 kg). We regret we cannot accept pieces requiring mechanical assembly.
- No work will be insured for more than the appraised value.
- A 30% commission will be charged on all works sold.
- Decision of Insights jury is final.
The Elora Arts Council reserves the right to refuse works which do not meet the rules for entry. For discussion about rules of entry, please contact email@example.com.
Process for Entry
Step 2: Please bring your work(s) to the Wellington County Museum & Archives (0536 Wellington Rd 18, between Elora and Fergus) on the intake days, Friday June 1, 2018 between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm and Saturday, June 2, 2018 between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm. Each work submitted must have an attached identification label, provided here.
The entry fee is $20 per work, and you may submit a maximum of four (4) works per artist. We accept cash or cheque upon submission on intake day. Cheques can be made payable to 'Elora Arts Council', and please write 'Insights 2018' on the memo line.
Step 3: Artists will be notified regarding the jury's decision by email (preferred) or by phone, on or about Thursday June 7th. Works not accepted for entry must be picked up on Friday, June 8th between 9:30 am and 4 pm or Saturday, June 9th between 1 pm and 4 pm.
Step 4: We hope you will attend the Opening Reception on June 13 from 7 - 9, with presentation of awards at 8 pm. You're welcome to return to the exhibition between June 13 and September 3, and bring your friends and patrons!
Step 5: You may pick up unsold works from the same location on Tuesday September 4th from 4 pm to 6 pm or Wednesday Sept 5th from 9 am to 4 pm.
Please note there are different dates for works not selected (step 3) and selected works (step 5). PLEASE NOTE: The Wellington County Museum & Archives is not responsible for work left after the stated pick up dates.