2019 Student Competition
New this year we are introducing a high school student competition. The top 24 pieces selected at a separate student-only show will hang in the gallery with the professional works.
Insights 2019 welcomes submissions from art students in the Upper Grand District School Board.
Oil Painting & Mixed Media:
Oil, Assemblage, Encaustic.
Painting with Water Media:
Watercolour, Acrylic, Gouache, Casein Tempera,
Film, Digital, Manipulated Images.
Fibre & Material Arts:
Textile and Fibre Arts, Jewelery, Basketry.
Works on Paper:
Drawing, Pastel, Collage and Printmaking.
1. Work can be up to but not exceed 12” x 12” (including framing).
2. Work must have been created within the last two years.
3. A diversity of submissions is encouraged. Subject matter must be unique, class sets of work are not admissible.
4. Work must be suitably framed and prepared for hanging. (Wires or D-rings must be adequate for the weight of the piece. No saw tooth hangers).
5. Work will be insured for the appraised value.
6. 30% commission applies to sale of work.
7. Insights 2019 reserves the right to refuse work not meeting the criteria.
8. Decision of Insights 2019 Jury is final.
Each individual school will select up to 30 pieces to be displayed at an exhibition at Centre Wellington District High School.
To arrange delivery or ask questions about the show at CWDHS please contact Bobbi Bentham Reynolds: email@example.com
A: CWDHS will host an exhibition to display all the works submitted by the participating schools. This exhibition will be open to the public.
B: A selection committee, made up of the Insights members, will review the show and select 24 pieces that will be exhibited at Insights 40 at the Wellington Museum & Archives.
During the jury process for Insights 40 the members of the jury will be asked to select a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize recipients for the student competition. The recipients will be announced at the opening gala. All 24 pieces will be hung in the gallery along with the professional art pieces, with the three award recipients indicated. The student pieces will remain on display for the duration of Insights 40.
Note: By submitting to Insights 40 the artist grants the Elora Arts Council the right to photograph accepted work for publicity and cataloging purposes.