2018 Show Closing
Artists who participated in the show may pick up unsold works from the Museum on Tuesday September 4th from 4 pm to 6 pm or Wednesday Sept 5th from 9 am to 4 pm.
2018 Submissions Closed
Our intake days were June 1st & 2nd, 2018.
If you submitted, expect to hear whether your work is accepted on or about June 7th.
Please pick up work not selected for the exhibition from the Museum on Friday, June 8 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM or on Saturday, June 9 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM. Work selected for the exhibition can be picked up after September 3rd.
All are welcome to the Opening Gala on June 13, 7-9pm at the Wellington County Museum & Archives. We hope to see you there!
RULES OF ENTRY
- We welcome submissions from artists residing in the counties of Wellington, Dufferin, Grey, Huron, Perth and the City of Guelph.
- Works may be submitted in the following categories.
- Fibre & Material Arts: Textile and fibre arts, Jewellery, Basketry
- 3- Dimensional Arts: Woodturning, Sculpture, Pottery, Glass
- Works on Paper: Printmaking, Drawing, Pastel, Collage
- Painting with Water Media: Acrylic, Watercolour, Gouache, Casein, Egg Tempura
- Oil Painting and Mixed Media: Oil, Assemblage, Encaustic, or combinations thereof
- Photography: Film, Digital, Manipulated Images (no video)
- Accepted works must be available for display from time of submission on the intake days in June for the duration of the exhibition, through early September.
- Works must have been created within the previous two years.
- Works done under the supervision of an instructor may not be submitted.
- Works must be ready to display. Wall hung works must be suitably framed, ready for hanging. Hanging systems must be to professional standards (wires or loops must be sufficient to carry the weight of the artwork). Weight must not exceed 150lbs (70 kg). We regret we cannot accept pieces requiring mechanical assembly.
- No work will be insured for more than the appraised value.
- A 30% commission will be charged on all works sold.
- Decision of Insights jury is final.
The Elora Arts Council reserves the right to refuse works which do not meet the rules for entry. For discussion about rules of entry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.